View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: I guess it\'s time to get it all in -- flop bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with the raise; just the amount. I agree that the raise is mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do? It violates my no bluff agreement, so I think it is definitely NOT mandatory. If I had, say, a pair, or ace high, then it wouldn't violate my no bluff agreement since I could have good faith belief that my hand was best. With 4 high or whatever he has (I forget), I cannot bluff here.

[/ QUOTE ]
So are you folding? I raise just about any two here against most players because they are either trying to price in their club draw or they are trying to see if their puny pocket pair is good because I missed with AK. They almost always fold their pairs (patting themselves on the back for their wise "see where I'm at" probe bet) and call with their draws, then check/fold the turn if they miss (again patting themselves on the back for their wise fold and for not chasing (again) a flush on a paired board). Once in a blue moon, somebody will 3bet it and I can do a nice long gee-its-tough-to-fold-aces here pause and fold. There are only a handful of players in this game that make my decision at any point difficult with a hand like this on a board like this.