View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: AJs in MP vs tight player

Sorry if my pot # were a bit off. Looks like you got it more accurately.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I am very far behind his range but might get a cheap or free card to make my hand. If I bet here I am likely to be raised or bluff raised.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn check/call very iffy, i can't believe you think you have more than 4 outs based on his table image, unless you include KK in his range then you have 3 more A's as outs (pot is $5800 - again not sure where you got 7k from). You simply do not have the odds to call a 4 outer, add uber tight to the equation and a fold would be right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 8 outs to a straight - I am not giving him credit if the flush hits. 3 Aces might be outs. Certainly getting odds on the turn. Cannot fold the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
River, check again? probably could have showndown for 1k bet here, now you have to call off 1.7k of your remaining 2800 chips. Based on the way you played this, i have no choice but to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the ace might give me the pot but I also thought it might give him two pair. I could see mabye betting 1200 here and folding to a raise but thats almost as expense and I dont get to showdown.

[ QUOTE ]
Your checking of every street was horrible (especially postflop, CB would be the right move). The hand did not play itself. You let yourself get into a tough situation with bad play and now you have to make a hard decision on EACH street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any one else have other thoughts?