View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Am I giving my money away with this flop raise? ($15-$30 O8 fixed)

Semi tight&passive (especially preflop) 10-handed $15-$30 Omaha 8/b fixed game. I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG + 4.

UTG+1 limps, I limp, Button limps, SB folds, BB checks (pot $67). We take a fourway flop of Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . BB checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise figuring I can win atleast half if I can get it heads up, Button calls 2 cold, BB folds and UTG+1 calls. Turn brings 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (making the board is offsuit Q827). UTG+1 checks, I check, Button bets, UTG+1 raises and I fold. Reasoning for this fold is that I'm most likely beat on both fronts and don't have good enough pot odds even to pay the 2 cold and I could even get jammed.

Is the flop automatic fold? Would anyone call that flop? Or maybe the raise had value and I just happened to run into strong hands?