View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: 5/10 4 flush on the riva: A good time for a bet-fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone like to check/call to induce a bluff from Ax hoping x isn't a heart? That's my line here alot, how bad is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, a hand with an A in it is usually going to check the river behind, particularly as this opponent is passive. Few opponents would bet for value here or try to fold small [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s.

In general, all that checking does is allow an opponent without a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to see a free showdown while allowing opponents with [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s to make correct value bets against you. By showing weakness, even small hearts that have you beat will often correctly value bet.

The point is that checking allows your opponent to play close to perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. But is a bet going to get a bigger [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fold here ever? If they called A8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] they aren't folding now. I think(If anyone can point me to numbers showing I'm wrong/right I'd appreciate it) you are more likely to get a nonheart hand to bluff if you show weakness. I, like the original poster, have trouble with the bet/fold line. I assume inducing bluff is better than bet/calling. I'm sure this is a leak of mine, looking for help.