View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Advantages of biggest stack

[ QUOTE ]
you get to play more hands for value and try to bust/outplay your opponents. Also, whenever you're in a pot with others, they fear you more because they can go broke whereas you can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should anybody fear me because of going broke, unless they have all their bankroll on the table? This is not a tournament (I understand that having a big stack can "intimidate" weak opposition, as they don't clearly see the difference between tournament and a cash game, but I'm not interested in this aspect).

Anyway, I don't think you understood my question. Maybe others didn't understand as well, so I'll put it differently.

Also, It's possible that this question applies more (or only) to capped buy-in. Probably it is. Anyway: what kind of considerations will you have while having the biggest stack at the table (at a capped buy-in), and having the 2nd stack covered by a significant amount?

Or a variation on this quesion: in what circumstances does it worth to take slightly -$EV spots in order to build your stack to be the biggest (considering there are some advantages in having such a stack)?

I know these themes are often and normally discussed in a tourament context, but I'm not talking about tournaments. I'm talking about cash games, where "going broke" considerations usualy do not apply.