View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Help/Comments on PT stats (nearly 20,000 hands)

Well I would recommend that someone who is losing/breaking even learned to play tighter poker than most around here recommend. At first I was a break even/losing player, then I read Internet Texas Hold Em by Matt Hilger and instantly started winning. I played almost exactly as this book instructs, started winning and my stats were much more "weak-tight" than most 2+2. As I've got more comfortable, I have opened up and now I play more like V$IP of 19%, PFR of 7% and AF of 1.9. I tried raising in EP with hands like KQ, AJ, ATs, 77, etc and found that I was getting mudered. My best advice to this guy would be to read ITH, play exactly how it instructs than read Small Stakes Hold Em and start incorporating more advanced strategies into your game. (Maybe you should consider dropping down to $.50/$1 and multi-tabling - I can't imagine playing 19K hands and being down $$!) Also, what I've done is relied a lot on implied odds on the flop, knowing that if I hit my hand I will have two more rounds of betting at increased $$... my flop AF is 1.5 while my AF on the turn is 2.3.

This might sound strange and I'm sure I'll get ripped for it and everyone will tell me how I am a losing player in the long run, but this is what has worked for me. (For the record, my 3BB/100 is 4.1BB/100 at $.50/$1 and 1.6BB at $$1/$2)