View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM

Default I Like Nixon

I like Nixon. As a president he was better than most democrat presidents. He was a foreign policy guru. He was the guy that helped split China from the USSR sphere of inflence. One of my beefs with Bush43 is his actions have pushed Russia and China into an alliance again.....undoing Nixon's work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Nixon inherited the Vietnam War from Kennedy/LBJ and Nixon got us out. Some people bitch about Nixon's secret bombing the Ho Chi Min trail in Cambodia but I think when you fight a war you should fight to win so I don't fault Nixon on this.

I think the watergate break-ins were WAY overblown. Nixon did nor order the break-ins but when he found out about them he tried to protect the instigators. Pardon me if I yawn. When it comes to political dirty tricks, the Dems still are the best and Repubs are the amateurs.

If you want to learn about the Watergate break-ins then read "Will" by G.Gordon Liddy. G.Gordon was the ring leader of the break-in. There is another book on watergate that G.Gordon recommends to find out the true story but its title escapes me now.