View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Need a check up: a few hands to review

[ QUOTE ]
These hands are not super exotic but in a way that is the reason I am posting them if that makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes perfect sense. The critical hands are usually the ones that aren't that 'sexy' on the surface, and you've picked some good ones here. I went back and forth on each, here's my thoughts FWIW:

Hand 1: I think this one is opponent dependent (but isn't everything? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]). You said he was very aggressive, but what type of aggressive? If he's aggressive but is also smart enough to give it up when it's obvious he's beat, I like calling and trapping. Then you should be able to suck more money out of him if an ace doesn't flop. On the other hand, if this is a loose-aggressive who is likely to call your all-in with a wide variety of hands, I like raising all-in.

Edit: Now that I've read your "additional information", I'm definitely raising all-in.

2. Another close one. How soon do blinds go to 100-200? If it's the next orbit, I'm calling. If it's a few orbits away, I might fold and wait for a better spot.

3. The toughest one of the lot. This is a good illustration of why being out of position sucks. I can see valid reasons for checking, betting small, and moving in. Is he trapping you with a set? I tend to think not, because of the two-flush on board, he would probably raise a set. On the other hand, do I want to risk my whole tourney on this read? Hmmm, I'm tempted to check and see what he does. Underbetting the pot is also an option. If he raises you, you can probably safely fold. But I wouldn't fault someone for moving in here either.