View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Need a check up: a few hands to review

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1:

4 handed $30 at Paradise. I am in the BB in second chip position with 2000 chips. UTG has 5600, UTG+1 has 1100 and SB has 1300. Blinds are 50-100. Big stack is very very aggressive and open raises to 300. Folded to you holding KK, your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the heat of the moment, I'd probably re-raise all-in. Having some time to think about it, I might re-raise to 1000 try to get him to play back at me (or fold, which is fine). Or, just flat call and attempt to either check-raise or min-bet re-raise all in on the flop if an Ace doesn't show up.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2

Five handed at Party $30. You are the short stack with 550 chips before posting the BB of 100. Folded to the SB (you have no read) who pushes all in. You hold Jc 9c. Your move?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold. I can't get him to lay down a hand since he's already committed his chips. I'd rather push in with this hand than call for all my chips with this hand.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3

7 handed at Paradise $30. Blinds are 15-30. You have about 950 chips and hold red queens. You open raise to 90 and the button (who has you covered) flat calls. Flop comes Ts 2s 6h. You bet the pot (195) and are called. Turn is 4h. Your play and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for this one. You don't want to lose all your chips on this one, but you must pay any flush or straight draws to see the last card. The pot is about 600 right now. You have 665 in chips. I say pushing in will only get you called if you're losing. A bet of 100 smells weak and can get you played back at. Bet 250 and be willing to call all in? I dunno. That's why I read these forums.