View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Need a check up: a few hands to review

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

4 handed $30 at Paradise. I am in the BB in second chip position with 2000 chips. UTG has 5600, UTG+1 has 1100 and SB has 1300. Blinds are 50-100. Big stack is very very aggressive and open raises to 300. Folded to you holding KK, your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raise. Maybe all-in; maybe to just 1000 (but fully intending to call an all-in). I'd raise to 1000 if I thought there was a chance that UTG might read it as weakness and play back.

[ QUOTE ]
Five handed at Party $30. You are the short stack with 550 chips before posting the BB of 100. Folded to the SB (you have no read) who pushes all in. You hold Jc 9c. Your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. Close. You're ahead of lower pairs that don't take away your straight outs, but you are way behind to overcards (and have a good chance to be way behind to a better jack). Do top three pay at party? If so, I think whether there are another couple short-stacks would have some bearing. I have to imagine that it is close. Does the SB have so many chips that a call and a loss won't hurt him? I'd be more willing to call in this place, since it seems likely he holds a powerful hand of "two cards".

[ QUOTE ]
7 handed at Paradise $30. Blinds are 15-30. You have about 950 chips and hold red queens. You open raise to 90 and the button (who has you covered) flat calls. Flop comes Ts 2s 6h. You bet the pot (195) and are called. Turn is 4h. Your play and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Push. You are still vunerable to overcards and now to a heart. The pot is big enough (~600) that taking it down right now would be fine.

I'm guessing you ran into a set. Tough luck, but I just don't think you can get away from this. If you check, and he goes all-in, aren't you going to call? If you check and a ace comes (or a heart, or a spade), then what are you going to do? I'd rather not have to deal with those decisions, so I'm pushing.