View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 12:40 AM

Default $109 facing a bet into a dry side pot, I turn into an idiot

I'm not eager to post a hand that makes me look like such an idiot, but I've shown this hand to a couple people and I've been asked to post it.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1945)
Button (t1990)
Hero (t5550)
BB (t515)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, Button calls t300, Hero calls t150, <font color="red">BB t215 (All-in)</font>, Button calls t215, Hero calls t215

Flop: (t1545) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button t1475 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

Turn: (t3020) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t3020) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

I'm not going to hide the results, you are all big boys and girls.

BB has Kh, 6h
Button has Qd, 6d

I know I have a lot of chips. I know I have top pair. I just thought it was unfathomable that he could bet here without crushing me. I mean the average player HATES betting here EVER. Some opponents, myself included, will bet out of the check-down scenerio, BUT NOT WITHOUT A HAND!!!!

Was this a bad fold, a really bad fold, or the worst damn fold in the history of the earth?

I know that was one of the worst freakin bets I've ever seen, and thankfully that dumb bastard busted out 4th.