View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: 20+2, what\'s my line?

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly calling preflop isn't great, I would fold to the hefty raise, but if you want to play OOP as a likely underdog, thats your choice.

Your bet on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. What's your plan here? Trying to get AK and AQ to fold? In this spot I would check hoping for a free card but if someone bet's I'll checkraise all in.

[ QUOTE ]
Do I fold here? I figure I win with a spade, 10, A or Q.. 19 outs or so at the flop... so I call

[/ QUOTE ]

Counting all of these as outs is pretty wrong. Given your opponents action he probably had from 99-AA or AK or AQ (given his push AK and AQ are unlikely). Certainly you have 9 nut flush outs, You ace out is worth 1, Queen outs are worthless, a T gives you a str8 but villian, may have TT, so say 3 outs. So this is 9+1+3=13 outs. So you are a bit under 50-50 to win this hand. But given the pot size you really can't get away from such a strong drawing hand, so yep go all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post rocks, please post more often.

And yes, checkraise the flop allin is my default line too for the reasons stated above.