View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 08:30 PM

Default Re: It looks like I was right!

Your post makes some excellent points - prime among them the fact that our media appears to have little or no interest in questioning our government policiies. The closest they get to questioning is periodically mentioning how low support is for war - especially considering the current administration has been promoting it for it for at least six months now.

In regards to Powell's speech - I had the misfortune of watching most of it. He proved absolutely nothing. Not a single thing he said or offered as "evidence" was either conclusive or in most cases even reliable. The bottom line is that if we could prove 1/2 the things that Powell said we'd have done so long before now.

We did, however, have a good laugh in the wardroom on the topic of Iraq refusing us permission to fly U-2s over their country. Since when did anyone ever get permission to spy on someone else? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of spying? I guess that means we had permission to "tape" those conversations involving the "Iraqi officers" and to take satellite photos of different parts of Iraq.