View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Has the Party 215 dynamic changed?

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think EVERYONE is sub-10% in the 215s now. I stopped playing them. I just don't see much edge in them anymore. Everyone is pushbotting the bubble and I think getting a decent edge requires playing a few more hands in the early levels and paying attention to play styles. I find this too much like hard work, so I dropped to a level where I can 8 or even 10 table and smash the games while paying no attention whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're close in opinion here, I think > 10% long-run (> 5,000 SNGs) is still possible but very, very difficult (assuming little table selection, playing lots of non-peak hours along with peak hours, multitabling, etc.).

[ QUOTE ]
I would say a lot tougher. I think unless you move down levels you will not realise what a change there has been. When I started playing 55s, basically every tourney I'd get a powerful flashback to how things had been back in the day on 215s. I used to see the limp in from the SB and fold to a raise play constantly on 215s. Nowadays it's a minefield trying the junk-hand push in that situation as people trap with the most outrageous hands, AJo and suchlike. Instead of running the limp in and fold play, people have started pushbotting. It's hard to overstate how detrimental that is to your win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe it's more than a "little" tougher - certainly your standard 2+2 "pushbot" strategy doesn't work nearly as well b/c so many people adopted it, and everyone has experience playing against it (thus it's not as effective as it was aginast prior game conditions).

But I think one can adjust to the masses of "pushbotters" and still do pretty well - completing with AJ against a known "pushbotter" can get a lot more value out of that hand in many spots than a standard raise. That's just one minor example of adjusting to the masses "pushbotting" adjustments, etc...

Of course, if you can beat the 215s for a good earn, you're probably better of now playing NL - unless you enjoy SNGs and are too lazy to learn a new game.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]