View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Curtains: folding JJ after a call+raise

There are obviously players in the 215s where doing anything but folding here is just very bad. By this I mean there is absolutely zero chance they are raising with something like AJs, or even 99 or AQo.

I don't recall knowing the player during this hand, but this type of raise from EP after a limper really bothers me. In general you should give more respect to raises after a limper, also the guy is in early position, also they have made a standard raise which committs a large % of their stack. I find that in general, getting involved in situations like this is not +EV. Anyway JJ is my cutoff, Im moving allin with QQ against almost anyone. I might fold to one of these guys who always moves allin with AK-JJ but makes normal raises with the big hands and play super tight and fold everything else. There are a few guys who do this predominantly. For instance if ComeOnPhish was the raiser, there is close to a 0% chance they have AK. Meanwhile ComeonPhish would almost never raise like this with something like 88-99 I believe. There are other regulars for whom this is true.