Thread: Retards on ebay
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Retards on ebay

Ok.

So I've been looking all week for some tickets to a comedian this weekend in the nearby city. He's doing 3 nights and they've been sold out for a year(!).

I spot 3 good seats for the Saturday, with a buy it now of £150. This is good value, the face value is £30 but seats like this have been going for £60+ish a pop.

The seller has a feedback of 7 with a percentage of 80%. Some of it doesn't look too good. But that mainly seems to be stuff he's attempted to buy himself, not sales. Without sounding too prejudiced, this seller also lives in an area where people aren't too trustworthy at all. For the UK people reading, he's a scouser!

Anyway, I send a question yesterday off my dad's account asking to confirm the seat numbers and block. I figure if I pick them up (it's about half an hour away), I can't get scammed.

No reply today to that question. I sign up new account in my name (not wanting to f up my dad's feedback), and am about to Buy It Now when I notice some tit has put in the minimum bid for £50. Ok, so it's a proper auction now.

I win it quite comfortably for £83. Bargain!

Seller now emails me saying :
'can you give us 100 squid for them mate'

WTF?

I check dad's email account and there's also a helpful reply (sent after the auction ended) stating :

'they are floor seats row j seats 4 to nine there the 6 i have but i am keepin four off them'

Firstly, this does not confirm the block number. Secondly, 6 - 3 is not 4.

Sigh. I know this is boring but I needed to vent. Will keep you posted. Fkin scousers.