View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Calling an over-bet with A-high?

Opponent in this hand is overly lag-tricky. He seems to understand nl concepts but everyhand is afflicted with a strong case of FPS. He is playing lots of hands and is coming in for min raises, medium raises, large raises, cold calling with any 2 etc. After 100ish hands he's ~64/35/2.

Also, throughout the day, I had made a couple "heroic" river calls that ended poorly when my read was off. As this hand played out I called pretty quickly because his "line" just did not make logical sense to me. As soon as I did, and before seeing the results, the previous two calls flashed through my head and I let out an audible groan.

Also, I'll probably get flak for playing the hand as I did (as my posts normally do). Villian was not a complete idiot; he would shut down to aggression. However, for whatever reason, he was perfectly happy with hanging himself when he was the aggressor. I should also note that in a previous hand against me he had trip Q's with a 6 kicker and made a very obvious 1/3-1/2 pot blocking bet. I raised the bet with a missed draw and he had called and won.

Anywho, the hand:
Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Villian limps, Funk raises to $8 <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Villian calls.

Flop$18) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian bets $10, Funk calls.

Turn$37) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian bets $10, Funk calls.

River$56) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian bets $70, Funk calls?