View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Flush draw on double paired board

I felt really lost many times throughout this hand and probably made several mistakes. I didn't have a lot of hands on villians but UTG and button seemed to be typical nano-limit players so far. They had shown down junk on more than one occasion but they didn't seem to be that aggressive...

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

In hindsight I'm not too sure about coldcalling the first time around. I'm only getting about 9:1 and even if I give myself 5 outs I'm open to redraws to full houses if someone has a king which I have no reason to think otherwise at this point. I probably should have thrown it away here but at the time I guess I thought my odds were a little better...

Turn: (12.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG calls.

Great, I have a glimmer of hope with a spade and it just happens to pair the board. Given my assumption that someone had a king on the flop I'm now drawing to just a straight flush and I'm not getting anywhere near the odds to chase that which makes my first call very odd. I really don't remember why I called that but it's clear that my flush outs have practically no value right now. When it's two more back to me I really have no choice but to run. Probably what I should have done at a few points in this hand already.

River: (21.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 24.20 BB