View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Really good post Josh, now how about the results.....n/m

First, you don't need to worry about me not posting just because you don't give results.

I think you're misunderstanding the purpose behind posting results, however. Perhaps for some, or maybe even many, its to simply satisfy their curiousity, or they think that they can prove their point by reading them. The merit in results lies in how it adds to the analysis. I'm sure there were many people that agreed with your analysis, and your decision. Learning, lets say, that UTG+1 had 88, however would help them learn not to be so specific in assigning hands/ranges. Having complete information helps each of us understand the thought process of each player in the hand, so we can better understand what a 38/12 might play that way, since nothing really makes sense.

It can only add to the insight provided by the original post, thats my point. Whether you were right or not doesn't make it a great laydown if you were completely off how you arrived at your decision. Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons in a game of incomplete information is essentially doing the wrong thing. If you made a mistake that worked out well, we could all learn from how you arrived at the wrong conclusion, or at the right one.

lf