View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:00 AM

Default PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

With the new VIP Program coming out, I got a look at tenative rewards and points for those rewards and how the structure was going to work a couple months ago. I thought it was a great idea and with the lack of RB at Party, I was seriously considering moving my play to PS exclusively.

I've only played a small handful at Stars just to see what all the fuss was about. I never really knew how FPP's were earned. Today, I looked it up and here's what I saw for cash games :

One (1) Frequent Player Point (FPP) is awarded for playing a hand in which the rake reaches:

$0.50 for fixed limit poker games with stakes $0.50/$1.00 and lower

$0.75 for fixed limit poker games with stakes $1/$2

$1.00 for
pot limit poker games
no limit poker games
fixed limit poker games with stakes $2/$4 and higher

Okay, I have no real numbers to back up a claim here so maybe someone can confirm or deny them for me. Aren't PL/NL players really taking it in the ass here?

I did a quick lookover of 1006 raked hands played on party at $100NL. Of those 1006 raked hands, I have a total of 291 hands that were raked at least $1. This seems really bad for someone who wants to stockpile FPP's for the VIP program.

You need 10,000 FPP's to stay atop the monthly VIP program. That would mean for me playing .5/1 NL, I'd roughly have to play 43,195 hands per month.

I don't have numbers to look at the limit play, but this looks like I, personally would be quite screwed. Agree/disagree?