View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 01:32 PM

Default A similar hand that I don\'t like - family pot, though

Thanks for posting this. I was just preparing a similar holding for the board and feeling kind of stupid about it. It turns out that it's probably not as bad as I feared.

Comments welcome on all streets.

---

The players:

UTG 50 VPIP, 0 PFR, Agg 5 (< 50 hands)
UTG+1 44 VPIP, 0 PFR, Agg 0 (< 50 hands)
MP2 58 VPIP, 0 PFR, Agg .22 (< 50 hands)
MP3 62 VPIP, 1.2 PFR, Agg .07 (>100 hands)
CO 65 VPIP, 0 PFR, Agg .74 (>100 hands)
But 55 VPIP, 0 PFR, Agg .68 (50-100 hands)
BB no read (tight or no cards?), 10 hands with VPIP of 0

Great table (can any decision be wrong here?), family pot

HERO is in the SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9-handed)

PRE-FLOP
UTG SLAG calls, UTG+1 SLP calls, 1 fold, MP2 SLP calls, MP3 SLP calls, CO SLP calls, Button SLP calls, HERO calls, BB checks.
[8 sb]

Easy complete.

FLOP 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 players)
HERO checks, BB checks, UTG SLAG bets, UTG+1 SLAG calls, MP2 SLP raises, MP3 SLP folds, CO SLP folds, Button SLP folds, HERO calls, BB folds, UTG SLAG bets, UTG+1 SLAG calls, MP2 SLP calls, HERO calls.
[20 sb]

My thinking here was weak, I think. I had a piece and was very confident my 5 outs were good plus I had BDFD and BDSD. The pot seemed too big to let go being against Q + any broadway. Anybody bet this instead of checking? How about folding when it's two back to you? Calling the 3-bet closing the action seemed the easiest decision here.

TURN 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
HERO checks, UTG SLAG bets, UTG+1 SLAG calls, MP2 SLP calls, HERO calls.
[14 BB]

I think the call is standard. The 5 didn't help anyone and my BDSD improved. Anyone differ here?

RIVER 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
HERO checks, UTG SLAG checks, UTG+1 SLAG checks, MP2 SLP checks.
[Final Pot: 14 BB]

Whiffed on a check-raise. At the time, I felt the table was more aggressive than it looks in the light of day.