Thread: Free Showdown
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Free Showdown

Yes, he's not getting correct pot odds to call 1 bet with a gutshot. So yes, you'll make money when the BB overcalls you. But you'll make more money when he calls 2 with a gutshot or 5-outer, you'll make more money when he lays down a hand like QJ or JT (which he would've been correct to overcall with), and you'll win the pot more often when he folds any live draw regardless. Assuming of course that you're good to begin with.

I know your question revolves more around the turn raise, but I really don't like the flop call here.

The turn raise after calling the flop? Meh...he seems aggressive enough to fire again on the river, or at least check/call with a worse hand if you don't raise, but he also seems bad enough to call your raise with a worse hand and then check/call the river UI. The question is whether or not you're comfortable folding to a turn 3-bet, and if not (I wouldn't be given your description of this player), then I think a call/call line is better (betting if he checks to you on the river).