View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Barry Greenstein on probe betting Live at the Bike

[ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering is will you not frequently make these type of bets yourself against other players (specifically weak-tight ones) as they are most likely not going to raise you with nothing and will give up frequently if their hand missed a flop? We know they don't work well against you, but do they work well for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. I have a system of playing no-limit that works with my aggressive style. I check-raise with draws, with one pair where others might have made a probe bet, and I may also check-raise with a set. I get free cards from players who are afraid to bet. I also pick up pots with the worst hand, where I would have gotten called and probably check it out if I had made a probing bet.

One other think that works for me when I have a few players check to me who frequently bet out with middle pair of above, is I steal multiway pots more frequently because I don't think they have enough to chance a call. Players who check-raise more cause me to check behind them.

I only like making bets (probing or defensive) if it is logical that I might have bet the same way with a set.

Barry