View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Would you protest a trade if you knew there was no collusion?

I had this argument on draft day in one of my league's. Last year I worked a trade with a guy where I would get Hines Ward for Quentin Griffin. This was the week before Griffin blew out his knee. Five guys in the league voted against the trade. With one guy actually telling me, "That would make your team too good." I was livid. Even though I only wanted Ward to cover Chad Johnson and Marvin Harrison's bye weeks. Yes I am a greedy bastard.

So this year I tried to get the rule put in that said that you can only veto if there is collusion. This was met with all types of resistence. Of course one was from the same guy who voted down a keeper league because whoever gets Tomlinson will win for the next two years. But, there are a lot of guys who just don't know how to make a trade and are afraid of guys making trades.

Every trade will favor one side in fantasy. Otherwise there is no reason to make the trade. I have made bad trades simply because I knew I could spin off the guy I got for someone better from another team.