View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: AK vs extremely Aggresive tag(says PT)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cap that flop! You're almost certainly way ahead here barring an unlikely 77/66 from MP. Button isn't aggressive to let you know what he has either way and he loves to get to showdown, so ignore the monsters and keep betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct me if I'm wrong pokher, but the reasoning behind waiting until the turn to raise again after MP's 3bet isn't because we are seeing monsters but because we want to protect our hand. if button has some 7x/6x/gutshot hand we can force him to make mistakes on the turn much easier if we let MP bet into us again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll reply since you quoted my post.

Raising the turn here, as played, gives button 14:2 to call. Do you really think you're forcing out someone who sees almost 50% WtSD? I certainly wouldn't count on it. Sure, you may be creating a bigger mistake for the button if he has a small pair or a gutshot, but who's to say what he has? Until he wakes up, I'm ignoring him. I think there's more value in showing strength on the flop against the aggressor to allow you to take more advantage of your position on later streets.

Regarding the "monsters" bit, I was only acknowledging that there was another player in the hand, not that OP's decision to slow down was every based on that.