View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: open limp from middle postion

i'm not a beginning player asking for preflop advice. maybe i should have been more clear as to why i was asking this question. i thought i was clear but probably not clear enough. the reason i asked is because it was a recent change/experiment i was trying out. in the past, i absolutely never limped first in from middle position. after a couple hundred thousand hands that i've played the last couple years, i've realized that you can't play mp1 and mp2 and mp3 the same just because the books call them all middle position. and since you make most of your money post-flop, that's where i have spent most or all of my time trying to improve. i haven't made many or any changes to my standard preflop play in a long time but recently i have been putting some more thought into where i might be able to make some changes. its hard to analyze the results of this experiment because it will take forever to have enough hands in poker tracker to have meaniful stats. so i just threw it on here to get others opinions. the problem with posting this in a "beginner" forum is that i would get beginner advice and thats not what i'm looking for. how many beginners do you know that distinguish between mp1, mp2 and mp3? as far as the type of players at the table, i was referring to the typical 30/60 table at party. obviously, if the table is not typical you would have to adjust. i don't think you need to post stats for everyone at the table everytime you post a question.