View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: open limp from middle postion

So, you agree that your post was posted in the correct place? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If I may be so bold as to speak for others, I think most posters equate "high limit" with "advanced" and "experienced" and expect this to be a forum for highly experienced players. What, after all, would otherwise be the point of dividing up the limits this way?

For example, if I post:

Hi, I was playing in a 40-80 home game full of rich traders who had never played before, including myself. What should I raise with preflop?

Would that be a good high limit post? I'd say no. Even though it is a high limit game, the question itself is basically a beginner question, and belongs in the beginner forum.

Now, if you phrased it this way:

Hi, I was playing in a 40/80 game where the button was raising and 3-betting every hand preflop. Both blinds were solid players, only defending with premium hands. What hands should I raise in the CO?

Then I'd say that's much more appropriate. Any preflop question in this forum should contain some kind of player style / situation description relevent to high stakes games.

Of course, if it were up to me, I'd say that dividing games based on limit is stupid, and they really should be divided up more like "loose-passive games", "loose-aggressive games", "tough games", etc. I'd expect the tough games to be mostly high limit games, and the loose-passive to be mostly low limit games, but not always.

For example, if I play a 2/4 game with bicyclekick, mike, tommy, etc in some 2+2 spinoff, is the strategy discussion really meant for low stakes? Probably not.

I see that your opinion is perfectly valid though. I just don't think it's widely shared.

-Eric