View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: The new X-party skins

I dont have a hand to post...just need somewhere to let off some steam.

I have close to 10,000 hands on Party .50/1 limit, and I'm only break even. I guess I should be happy I'm not losing, but after 25k on poker stars .25/.50 limit having a win rate of 3.5bb/100, this is getting FRUSTRATING. I'm considering giving up poker all together if this doesn't turn around. Maybe I should take Madden back up again, but I don't make that much money playing Madden(also don't lose that much either.)

I have small forays for a few thousand hands in 6 max as well. I think this game may be unbeatable. Well not really, but it feels like it. Everyone calls raises with trash, and their trash catches. If I hold KJ and raise, flop comes either an Ace or all low cards. Same turn, same river. If I get AA or KK, the board pairs and I lose to trips, or the boards throws out 3 and I lose to 4 of a kind. My KK percentage is 19% out of about 15 hands.

I also played a few SNGs, $11. 190 of them to be exact. My ROI is 2%. They say it is beatable by 20% for a good player. I don't think I'm GOOD, but at least DECENT. Once, when my pocket 10s lost to 72o, I could see the 7 coming on the river that would give my opponent 2 pair...and it came.

This has been the most trying time of my poker "career". Of all the hoopla about Party being so full of fish...I am not a believer. I really hope things turn around. I may give it another 10k hands, and if it doesn't, I think I'm done with poker for good(not that anyone would miss me).

I know this isn't low content, but I think this is the only place I can put it without getting flamed for it.