View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Which street is worst?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for you guys who say river is good: you agree that the river is good only because I bet the turn, right? Im assuming you would hate a river bet after a turn check?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. The river is good cuz you bet the turn, but the turn bet may not be so hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

what exactly is the problem with the turn bet? when they check to me, Im pretty certain neitehr have a pair. so basically Im betting to charge the lone clubs and set up my river bluff at the same time. do you guys really think they are gonna pay off both streets with ace high no club?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I voted flop, and preflop ran a close 2nd. The river is obviously perfect (but only because you bet the turn) and I think the turn was fine. Probably riskier at 20/40, because I'd be more likely to expect a checkraise semibluff, but certainly at 10/20 and below I often bet here to charge people for a draw, so that I can win it with a bet on the river if a blank falls. In other words, whether your thinking is flawed or not . . . it's exactly mine as well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].