View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Common problem with super-draws

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I'll fix the typo ASAP.

Quote:
"I try to play small pots until I have a better feel for how hard I have to push things to make him fold."

Question: Do you want him to fold the flop, or are you trying to gauge it for a move on a later street?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. If the villain is going to go to the felt with AA even with a 400BB stack on a board like this, I'm not too thrilled about racing (provided, of course, that he has a nonzero chance of paying me off when I hit something). Its not that I want him to fold if I get it in with 15 clean outs twice (I don't); its that I don't need to take that kind of variance if I can win more in a different hand (say when I have a set on a board like this).

In any capped game, deep stack situations change slightly as the effect of one hand on future hands is tangible. If I lose my 400BB stack when I put it in as a small favorite, I am not likely to be able to get another shot at putting that much money in vs. this opponent again this session.

Re: my quote, I was speaking more of the hand in general than the flop action in particular. I can't get a good idea of how much pressure this guy will take with an overpair-- I need to get that information by watching him in other hands (both vs. me and vs. others at the table).