View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 05:33 AM

Default Re: From small stakes to mid-limit and high limit.

I started playing in January with $50.00 at .25/.50 and moved up each time my bankroll hit what would be 200BB at the next level. I moved back down if it ever fell below 100BB and sometimes moved down sooner if I wasn't sure I was playing well enough in the bigger game. These days I play mostly 10/20 but will play as high as 30/60 when the games are good (I play UB so the game selection sucks, I'm working on moving to a new site). I think I moved up faster than most though, probably because of a few things: I'm a student with too much spare time, I had previous experience as a competitive chess and Magic player, and that experience gave me the confidence to move up quickly and play on a somewhat tight bankroll. My advice would be to move up as soon as you have a bankroll you're comfortable with for the next level and feel that you can play better than your opponents. If you do take this approach though, be sure to frequently ask yourself whether you actually are playing better than your opponents and be prepared to decide you're not and move back down once or twice during your general upward trend.