View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Leak #1 Overcards.

[ QUOTE ]
Too many opponents in this hand, just check behind on the flop. After 3 players call on the flop you should definitely not be betting the turn again with ace high!

[/ QUOTE ]

Would your advice be different if there were fewer players? For instance, say you raise pre-flop and get 2 callers. Flop is rags, and you bet--and one of the two folds, leaving you heads up. Would you then bet the turn?

I've got to say, that a lot of the low limit players I've played against will call the flop, but fold to the turn if you bet out again. Of course, if they DON'T, then I'm left stuck with a decision on the river.
My feeling at that point is usually if there is a flush or straight draw out there that misses, I will bet in case my opponent is on a draw and misses. I figure once I've bet it that far, I might as well bet the river. (Actually I read this in a Cardplayer article once--that too many people fire out at every street, but then just roll over at the river...)

That said, however--I think also that this is a leak in my game. I need to just let these go more often, probably.