Thread: Holy cow! (lc)
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Holy cow! (lc)

First of all, let me say that re-reading my original two posts in this thread, I don't like the tone of it. What can I say, I had a few beers and was posting because playing would have been a bad idea.

While I didn't mean to sound as if there is some universal truth in this, and only I know about it and am kind enough to share this with all of you, I still think that I am not wrong here.

This said, let's continue the discussion, because as you said, this is of course worth debating.

[ QUOTE ]
You assume that is true at all levels? Is this based on actual data?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, and no. But I do assume this is true in small stakes NL. That is why the example of that other thread does not apply here.

I assume this because as I said, I see AK or a lower pair pull this kind of move on a pretty regular basis. Of course, if you have a very good read on your opponent, you should always stick with the read.

However, no read was included in the original post, and I think that the amount of a bet is not enough to narrow your opponents holding down to one specific hand.

Anyway, my intention was not at all to eliminate debate by quoting this. I've always thought of this as true, and harrington just worded it better than I ever could. If I did not want debate, I would not be posting here.

I do not mind being corrected at all, because that is the only way I will learn. But somehow, I have a feeling that you were in some way offended by my post. This might be because I came off as arrogant in those two posts. If so, sorry about that.