Thread: Wild KQ
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Wild KQ

[ QUOTE ]
When he bets the scary river, no way do I bluff-raise. If he had a straight or some other kind of made hand with no diamond I think he would check-call. That's just the way these passive guys do things.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn, I figure he has to have either trips or a straight. If he had AdTd, he probably would have played differently on the flop I think. And, there are just no other realistic flushes for him to have considering he is a tight PRF and he raised UTG. That said, I think he could still be betting his straight or trips on the river, hoping that I didn't have the diamond. I dunno about bluff-raising, as this is probably my first one ever. But I think it might work the necessary 1 in 8. Normally I think I would call, but I think that is probably wrong, as I doubt we are ahead even 1 in 15, and so would be doing so mainly just to look at his cards [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]
As for the preflop, KQo is a funny in between hand I can't make my mind up about. Lots of people three-bet it religiously. I have toyed with mucking to a raise and three-betting, and I am really none the wiser at the moment. When you're running good people will automuck to your flop bet if you three-bet, so doing that seems like a good plan. When you're running bad you just end up pumping the pot with no hand and getting called by A-high. Hmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against opponents who arn't super tight preflop raisers, or from most people raising in MP or CO, I almost always 3-bet KQo. Against a tight raiser from UTG though, I think it becomes much closer, and may be a fold.