Thread: Wild KQ
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Wild KQ

[ QUOTE ]

On the flop I figure I have huge equity, even if I might be behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very often behind here of course: that button preflop cap looks ugly. There's a chance you've got QQ or TT beat, which is actually what I think is happening here given the action.

I am less optmistic about your equity than you are. What are your outs when behind? Kings maybe, for sure. Queens, less so because they fill a gutshot for someone else. Tens, yup. But there are the diamonds to worry about. Overall I am less than enthusiastic about the raise which is unlikely to get anyone out. Betting out and getting raised might clean up some Q outs for you so I quite like that.

Once the button folds of course it looks like you're raising with the best hand, so what do I know?

When UTG donks the turn it looks like you're in trouble but you even have odds to try to fill up... I can't bring myself to fold it on the river either, though, so this pot odds argument is just bunk. Call it down and keep him honest!

When he bets the scary river, no way do I bluff-raise. If he had a straight or some other kind of made hand with no diamond I think he would check-call. That's just the way these passive guys do things.

As for the preflop, KQo is a funny in between hand I can't make my mind up about. Lots of people three-bet it religiously. I have toyed with mucking to a raise and three-betting, and I am really none the wiser at the moment. When you're running good people will automuck to your flop bet if you three-bet, so doing that seems like a good plan. When you're running bad you just end up pumping the pot with no hand and getting called by A-high. Hmmm.

Guy.