View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: First time I thought about laying down Kings preflop

[ QUOTE ]

Ship it! I thought that you posted this because you ended up calling and he didnt have AA, and were going to give a lecture on how to always call! Despite that I stood by my guns and said I'd fold and was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Stood by my guns"?

[ QUOTE ]

If you know that hes a very good/tight player, folding probably isnt that bad. In fact based on what you said it may even be correct, but Id really have to know the player myself to make such a statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to be hedging your bets here. You said there were situations where you could fold it, but were pretty inconclusive.

I don't understand the mentality of "Well, I really think this is almost always KK/AA, but as a matter of principle I don't fold KK on level 2" that a couple of people seem to be presenting in this thread. If you're pretty confident it really is going to be KK/AA - and it sounds like there's enough evidence about this player that this is reasonable - folding KK here isn't going to be a huge mistake if it is a mistake at all. It's also not like we're giving up any kind of metagame silliness, because we're neither showing it nor have we made any preflop action.