View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Party 33: butchered QQ gets interesting post flop

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would check twice here, then call a river bet or value bet the river. With the way you played it, I'm having a hard time putting him on anything besides a set or nothing. If he had a king, it is a really strange way to play it. I'm kind of a calling station in these spots, but I think I call here. Folding leaves you 5xBB, and not much shot to get the big money.

[/ QUOTE ]
I pretty much agree with this read. With the pot at 80K, I don't see him slowplaying a K TWICE. He may have whiffed a CR on the flop but not the turn also. He'd almost certainly bet. After the turn I decided to value bet my hand (could have wait til the river but I felt 2 checks was already enough info). After the CR I feared 99 and that was about it. He could have correctly read me as not having a K and be trying to move me off my hand as a desparation move or he has 99 (or maybe one of the other baby sets). I think with the pot size though he doesn't have 99 often enough to fold at all.

And yes, don't let a donkey watch you play and affect your thought process. Huge -EV.