View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: LSAT/ Law School Questions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My understanding was that law schools will know that you took it, but not the score you got on it. If you cancel though, you won't know the score you got on it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is WRONG. Plain and simple. Law schools know you took it before, and, in most cases, will AVERAGE your scores. Trust me. It happened to me.

Some schools will take your best score, but those schools are few and far between.

If you think you did poorly, cancel it. Plain and simple. There is no other alternative. A low LSAT score will kill your chances of getting into a top school.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the OP, he asks "I have been told that if you think you did poorly you can cancel your score and law schools will never know you took it. Is this true," to which I replied "My understanding was that law schools will know that you took it, but not the score you got on it. If you cancel though, you won't know the score you got on it either." I assume you didn't cancel the scores that the law schools you applied to averaged together.

I apologize though if I was not clear. If you cancel your score, then the school can't see your score, but they know that you took it. I am unsure as to how that would influence the application process. I'm not sure as to how many days you get to cancel, it was definitely less than two weeks.