View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Hastert Plays Politics With Holidays

Again I agree with you as to the extent that what "most" Christians think is "persecution" is not in the very least. I also wish to condemn this because I think it cheapens the true sacrifices that people pay in countries like China, Pakistan, Egypt etc for their faith. That is true persecution. Not this tarted up version of being ridiculed in the MSM or entertainment.

I think the Randy Alcorn example is a clear example of the beginnings of persecution. And yes he does have the due process of law and a case much similar to his is going before the Supreme Court this year. Persecution doesn't have to be successful to be real.

I think the word for what Christians in American suffer from is "intolerance". I think Christians are victims of intolerance much more than persecution. There have been limits of speech and actions with Christian themes because that is not tolerated by the tyranny of the minority in the judicial process.

One can look to that fact that most of this intolerance comes from judical challenges rather than from the legislative or executive branch. It is much easier to have a judical fiat impose intolerance against christians than it is to vote it into place.

-Gryph