View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Two Questions For Not Ready

[ QUOTE ]

Now I'd like to know whether you agree with Peter666 that studying and knowing the non salvation nuances can be mean a more heavenly heaven?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bible doesn't lay out a specific system for the believer's rewards in heaven. Our main goal is to understand the Lord's will (revealed, I'm not talking about mysticism), and through His grace to do it. That would include reading and understanding Scripture, though knowledge alone is not given very high praise. The knowledge is important, but the emphasis is on applying that knowledge, and the primary place is given to trusting and loving God, and loving others, which is manifested through action. Serious warnings are given to those who know the right thing to do and don't.

As to your question, I'm not sure studying and knowing doctrine alone is sufficient. Paul said "If I have all knowledge and have not love I am nothing". That's a pretty strong statement. He isn't criticizing knowledge, but he's warning against the idea that knowledge alone does any good.