View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: absolute morality - relative morality = 0 ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Conclusion. If there is an absolute morality I can do no better than follow the guide of my moral feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You admitted in another thread you don't always keep your own law. I'm not trying to brow beat you here. The reason I bring it up is there is some indication that God will judge those without the law, heathen who've never heard of the Bible for instance, by their own code, or by their conscience. It also says no one will pass their own law.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it as you brow beating me. (even if I did I'm in no position to complain about you having a go at me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Its no big admission on my part. Sometimes I do things I believe to be wrong. Greed, fear etc. sometimes overcome my morals sense. I assume that's true for most people.

[ QUOTE ]
The point of the Gospel isn't to keep the law, God's, yours, or anyone else's. The point is no one can keep any law. Adam had a very simple law. Don't eat. He broke it. The point of the Gospel is we are all sinners by our own standard and are therefore guilty. Christ paid for that guilt on the cross. The forgiveness He made possible is through faith in Him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't believe it. I don't believe Christ was the son of god, paid for my guilt on the cross, or that I need forgiveness or that I could get forgiveness through believing in something. [I don't mean I find it plausible but unconvincing. I mean it seems like nonsense to me (like believing in the tooth fairy)].

I've no problem with others believing it (though I don't understand why) as long as they don't impose their beliefs on me.

chez