View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Don\'t know how to classify this hand (bad bead, major suck out, ???)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the CO with QTs. LAP in MP open raises, folded to me, I call, button folds, SB calls, folded back to raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an EASY fold without a read on the raiser. if you have a read and control then you can reraise to isolate as long as you have a malliable table. QTs just ain't too good.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop:

QTT

SB checks, MP bets, I raise (to chase out the other T, maybe AT or KT), both players call.

[/ QUOTE ]

you include no suits. id call here for sure most of the time. the reason is that you DONT WANT to chase out the other ten because that ten is making a mistake playing against you given your respective holdlings. not only is that ten not going to fold to your flop raise, you may cost yourself bets later on by announcing strength so soon. also, you have ALL draws (other than the odd boat draw) drawing 100% dead to you and they are, therefore, not getting the proper price to play. LET THEM IN!!! then rape them on the expensive streets when they hit their dead straight and flush draws.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn

J

Checked to me, I bet, both players call.

[/ QUOTE ]

standard.

[ QUOTE ]

River:

J

Checked to me, I check, knowing that someone has a J.

[/ QUOTE ]

what gave you the idea somebody had a jack? i can agree with your check here since you don't want to be checkraised but you still gave no indication as to why you fear the jack.

[ QUOTE ]

Showdown:

MP (pre-flop raiser) as AA.
I have Ts full of Qs.
SB has JT, Js full of Ts.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're in a great game and lost so little money, relatively speaking, on this hand that you should be thankful they suck so badly.

all in all i think you need to rethink what to do on the flop in these situations. go for the overcalls on the flop and make the draws think they're live. then when they complete and put money in ONLY THEN do they realize how dead they were. and you profit enormously from that simple error of putting money in when dead. and you can also see WHY its so important to lengthen you're odds when there's a possibility of YOU drawing dead.

-Barron