View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Results, My Thinking on the Turn, and a Few Questions

After some thought, I reraised all-in. Villain was semitight, so I would've had to put villain specifically on 22, 44, or AJ.

*** TURN *** [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Hero: bets 375
CMET1UP: raises 375 to 750
Hero: raises 1780 to 2530 and is all-in
CMET1UP: calls 1618 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Hero: shows [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] (a pair of Aces)
CMET1UP: shows [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (a pair of Aces - King kicker)
Hero said, "?"
CMET1UP collected 5511 from pot

Eventual bitter dialogue...
Hero said, "you call flop bet.. because..."
CMET1UP said, "and u bet baecause??"
Hero said, "you miss often"

My thoughts...

Villain had not open limped once (i checked HH) since the tourney began. Of the two EP raising hands I saw of his, he showed TT and AA. He was not opening lots of pots. In a previous hand, villain in this hand rose to T150 UTG (25/50), folded to sb, who called, I called in BB, flop came Kc 4c 9d, checked to villain who bet 150 into 450 pot, sb folded, I checkraised to 500, villain moved in to T568 and I folded. Villain showed me AA. In the 50/100 level, I open raised for T300 in EMP w/ 3k in my stack, someone moved all-in to T2100, I took 30 sec of my time bank to fold.

I felt a decent percentage of the time villain would have 22, 44, or AJ. However, do you think villain is putting a move on me w/ 33, 55-88, or a big drawing hand like QcKc/QcTc (I don't mention a pair of jacks or QQ & KK, because those probably would've raised flop) often enough to make a reraise here profitable? Notice I have the Ac, so villain isn't on the nut flush draw. If I believe I'm ahead, is a simple call better w/ the intention of checking the river? I also think my flop bet was too small. Think 250-275ish bet on the flop is much better, or marginally better?