View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 09:25 AM

Default 99 hand at Party 5/10: What the hell is wrong with me?

I'm still trying to figure out how I could've kept these guys in the hand and extracted a little more from them. Thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

I almost let this one go... middle pairs for 2 more bets preflop aren't very good from what I understand. I call anyway because I'm feeling lucky.

Flop: (9.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

After I pick my jaw up off the floor, I start thinking. My plan is to flat call the flop, then C/R the turn.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Damn. Kinda hard to C/R when nobody bets. I was expecting the button to fire another bet at this. Guess my read on him was horrid... or maybe his cards were. I was genuinely putting him on AA/KK before this point. Now I'm confused.

River: (6.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds.

I bet out here to try to extract a little more. 7BB kinda sucks for a hand like this. Nobody bites. Makes me wonder what they were 3-betting with preflop.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB