View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Playing A-high at the Best Table Ever

So, I had a really great day today (as in, 120 BB good), which has greatly aided me in my current "build-a-bankroll-from-$50" experiment.

Tonight I managed to find myself at one of the best tables I've played in awhile. The table VPIP was 39, and featured two really big fish: a guy I had at 90/40/3 or something outrageous like that over 20 hands, and another very bad player who loved to argue and though he was much better than he was, though was like 60/5/.6 or something. The table had a 12 person waiting list at 4 am.

In the following hand, UTG is the first villain mentioned. He's a total freak. He had earlier three-bet KQo, proceeded to call multiple bets on a JJx flop and turn, then check-raise bluffed an A river only to call a three-bet from my AJ. So he's nuts.

MP3 is the second villain. The button and SB are like the many masses who make up the Party 2/4.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Deranged is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Deranged calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Deranged checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Deranged calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Deranged bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Deranged calls.

River: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Deranged checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Deranged calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

I'm open to all thoughts.