View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Polar Bears drowning and resorting to cannibalism...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I don't think you will find a difinitive answer on this one as neither the scientific nor political community has found one.

[/ QUOTE ]
They have. Unfortunately the scientific answer means political suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]
His point still stands about the political community....

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently you two know the 'difinitive answer'. Are you going to post it here? Shall we alert the media? Could we get a little information on your background, and how you made this discovery.

Headline: Wiskeytown frames the issue -- calls all opposing evidence the work of 'idiots'. Superleeds knows the answer, and may share it soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, in quoting me, you edited out of my post where I talked about the 'definitive' answer, as distinct from whatever type of answer other people are talking about.
Secondly...apparently you have turned off your irony detector... turn it back on immediately.
Thirdly my post remained quite about the definitive answer in terms of the science.
Fourthly your reply made no reference to the content of my post, which was, that the political consensus is to ignore (what I didn't mention is that, when ignoring doens't work, the tactic is to proclaim a big controversy amongst the scientific community in order to render all oposing points of view (ie people who are concerned about the future of their planet) to be 'unsubstantiated', which is just a tactic (and I BTW proclaim this to be the truth without need to resort to argument.))
Fifthtly as far as I can tell, those who vehemently argue on the side opposing the existence of global warming have way more to gain than those urging us to be cautious.