View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: who were behind 9/11?

I wasn't going to wade into this mess because i don't believe in a conspiracy the likes of which is alleged by the movie OP links to, but there are a few details which continue to trouble me.

this one I'm throwing out there just because I've never seen anyone really make a deal of it in the media or anyone respond to it satisfactorily when I've brought it up in conversation: why did Bush claim (on at least two occasions) that he saw the first plane fly into the WTC on TV before entering the classroom in Florida? (there was no footage of the first plane crashing until a day or two later - that of the french crew shooting the documentary on the rookie firemen).

i bring this up from time to time with friends because it's always bugged me...some folks brush it off - typical bush, he meant something other than he said, or "you *know* what he meant", but
a) he said this on more than one occasion, and
b) let's face it, it was a pretty historical moment, one I can personally remember quite clearly four years later (Bush made the comments below only three months later)
c) he told the 9/11 commission a different story, or at least Andrew Card did (the report says that Karl Rove informed him a twin-engine plane had crashed into the towers a few minutes before he entered the classroom)

I find it implausible that he could be confused about these details a mere three months later. What does it mean? I don't know, but I suspect that this president is a liar. (For the sake of bi-partisanship I will add "like the president before him")

[ QUOTE ]
I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

source