View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Donking big pot for image?

Hey I have been trying a new strategy as of late at the 6max tables becasue they tend to be a little more observant than the ring games. Within my first few hands, I like to make a big play with a [censored] hand and show it. The observant people at the table will probably make a note of my donkish play and tend to loosen up and call down with worse hands/make plays against me. Obviously following this hand I will tighten up and wait for a monster so I can get paid off (hopefully).

Anyways, here is an example of a recent donk hand gone bad. I wasn't sure if I should have made this turn bet - the villian is an unknown so I am really not too sure of his holding. Perhaps top pair good kicker (def. not AK, maybe KQ, KJ, or K10) even possible he is slowplaying a set. I just thought that my bet on the turn was my last chance to get him off of his hand and I still keep a few bucks and it looks as if I had a monster (because I am keeping a few dollars).

What do ya'll think? Should I have just shut down after he called flop or was this last bet worth a shot? It would have been cash money if he folded and I showed because I am sure that every player at the table would have taken note of this extreme maniacal play (and hopefully then adjusted their own).

***** Hand History for Game 2894479483 *****
$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, December 15, 02:36:42 EDT 2005
Table Table 36591 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: ASingleSecon ( $23.70 )
Seat 2: iggiedude1 ( $22.47 )
Seat 3: RoyRounder ( $65.45 )
Seat 5: Filly123 ( $20.25 )
Seat 4: HERO ( $25 )
RoyRounder posts small blind [$0.10].
tonyhawk559 posts big blind [$0.25].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to tonyhawk559 [ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Filly123 calls [$0.25].
ASingleSecon calls [$0.25].
iggiedude1 calls [$0.25].
RoyRounder folds.
HERO raises [$1.75].
Filly123 calls [$1.75].
ASingleSecon folds.
VILLIAN calls [$1.75].

** Dealing Flop ** [ K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
HERO bets [$5].
Filly123 folds.
kbcbugg has joined the table.
VILLIAN calls [$5].

** Dealing Turn ** [ T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
HERO bets [$10].
VILLIAN calls [$10].

** Dealing River ** [ 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
HERO checks.
VILLIAN is all-In.
HERO folds.
VILLIAN does not show cards.
VILLIAN wins $40.02

Another question: Do I waste my last 5$ here to see what he has? That would have not only given me some sort of read on villian but also would have made me look like SUPERDONKTASTIC CALLING STATION. I feel like I could have done better here, although I probably gave myself a fairly bad (or good) image in the process.