View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: 88 Live at the Bike. 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
Westley, you just summed up everything I was thinking on the turn. "God damn it, Brendan, this was a PF fold and you know it. UTG has TT. He's not maintaining delusions of winning this with an Ace or king on the river. SB MAY have the damned 3, even though you know damn well he doesn't. Your only hope now is to spike an 8 and you don't even have the implied odds to go fishing for that." I folded the turn.

The river was T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB checked, UTG bet and I thought, "Brendan, you're a genious. He just filled up." Sadly no. He had the flush. As expected, SB turns over 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and UTG flips A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Though my error saved me $120, I felt like a damned idiot. The salt in the wound was SB berating UTG for fishing down the flush and getting lucky on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats hilarious. I still think that folding this turn was the right move. I mean think about it, what just happened here was a low probability event, the event that just occurred here was that you actually did have the best hand on the turn, But even in this best case scenario there were still 15 cards that could hit the river to beat you. So even when you do somehow have both opponents beat on the turn that small percentage of time, you will still get rivered 33% of the time, but when you are trailing the vast majority of time, you will be drawing to 2 outs. I still think you made the right decision to fold the turn.