View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Flush. call/cap flop?

Which pair are you talking about on the flop? It looks to me like you didn't pair until the river..

I agree that the free card potential is there, but you mention that you rarely expect button to fold, making a free card difficult when we check the turn behind SB.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think 2BB is really negligible for LP player to call on the turn. 2BB is 2BB, and most players don't like their TPGK anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that we're only getting like 40% of the bets going in on the flop, and only when button calls, when we value-cap here.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean it reveals our hand when we go into check call mode? Do you mean it reveals it in this current hand? If so, I don't see why that is a huge problem. Villian is going to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was saying that after we call-cap the flop and check the turn, we're going to expose our hand as a strong draw.

My thinking was that between the times that we don't improve and the times that button folds, we're pushing a fairly thin equity edge to begin with, at the cost of another value-raise should we hit our outs later on in the hand. Perhaps I'm underestimating Hero's equity and the resulting value in a flop raise, however.